Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Monday, April 9, 2018

BRIGHT MONDAY BREAKFAST

Christ is Risen! I hope you had a glorious Pascha (or Easter, last week, if you follow the Western calendar). We celebrate according to the Julian Calendar, and our service started late Saturday night and went into the wee hours of the morning on Sunday.


Bright Monday is one of my favorite mornings!  I'm a bit more bright eyed than on Sunday morning, and I love my favorite pairings: coffee and cream, bacon and eggs, strawberries and croissants (with Pascha Cheese that I make for our parish celebration after the Pascha liturgy - recipe here).


Breakfast gets prepared as we listen once again to Rimsky-Korsakov's Russian Easter Festival Overture.


I love how strains of the Paschal Anthem, "Let God Arise" and "Christ is Risen From the Dead" are woven in and out of the symphonic music.


The weather is fine today, and the butterflies are out!  And I need to get back to blogging.  Watch for my post on Margaret Wise Brown, coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment