Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ARE WE THERE, YET?

Having family in various places, we always seem travel during Thanksgiving and Christmas.  When our kids were little and we made the 2 and 1/2 hour drive on holidays, I tried to have good books in the car for the trip or to look at with Grandma and Grandpa after we arrived.  The kids would get so excited, it was nice to have something to help calm them down for a little quiet time in the middle of all the hustle and bustle!  Here are some fun holiday versions of books that I featured in a past post that will keep your kids busy "looking" and "spying":


I SPY CHRISTMAS, by Jean Marzollo, Walter Wick (4-8)
I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles

I SPY LITTLE CHRISTMAS, Jean Marzollow, Walter Wick (baby-preschool)
I Spy Little Christmas

CAN YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?  THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, Walter Wick (4-8)
Can You See What I See? The Night Before Christmas

LOOK A-LIKES CHRISTMAS by Joan Steiner (4-8)
Look-Alikes Christmas: The More You Look, the More You See!

No comments:

Post a Comment